Tuesday, August 25, 2009

For Nicole, the tale of a mullet:

As I wrote the title I didn't realize the pun, but now I see it, so I suppose it is intended. Anyhoo, my sweet little Addie only seems to be growing hair on the back of her head. Twice now, it has been cautiously buzzed off, once by me when she was about three months and the second time by her Auntie Colie who couldn't stand it any longer (pun again?). Before you think I am crazy, I did the same thing to Ashlynn and the girl has more hair with the most beautiful curls than she knows what to do with. Sooooo, I thought maybe the outcome would be the same. However, it seems the mullet just doesn't want to go, it's in style now anyway, right?





After her bath, I was able to eek out a couple of pig tails. I was laughing so hard I could barely hold the camera still enough to get a couple of pictures. Look closely, you can see them peeking out the sides:





Something tells me come October Auntie Colie will have a buzzer in her hand when we step off the plane......

6 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

If I don't fly back there and cut it off first!!!! Where's a buzzer when you need it?

Jen said...

OHMYGOSH!!! I LOVE the last one best! Too cute! That little tuft on the back of little kids' heads is my absolute favorite - so adorable. Great shots! Thanks for adding a smile to my day:)

Anonymous said...

Haha Oh my. Those have to be the cutest little pigtails I have ever seen, and yes watch out for Auntie Coley Addie...she took a comb to Logans head a few weeks back. Needless to say no more cradle cap! :) Can't wait to see you guys in Oct.

Lindsey

Lisa Gunn Magnus said...

ok, haircare 101: if you want hair to grow you have to stimulate it by trimming it. Be brave and shaver her whole head so that all the hair gets stimulated, that's why only the mullet is growing. She's too young to care if her hair is buzzed and it will grow back quickly. Don't think I'm crazy there are many cultures that shave there toddlers heads so they will have full heads of hair.

Beks said...

Ahhhhhhhh hah hah hah! Seriously. The funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

Liz, that is way too cute!! I can totally relate to that "kind" of laugh, at the expense of our children!! (it's better than sit ups)