Friday, April 23, 2010

The Farm.

Tuesday, the kids and I made our way down to the farm where Randy and Dale were working hard on their food plots. The guys needed to pick up a fertilizer spreader, so I was awarded the task of towing the trailer with Ranger on it. Actually, I was feeling pretty cool that I was towing this huge trailer with this manly ATV ratcheted securely on board (like I did it!) cruising down the freeway.

Until I went the wrong way.

Three times
.

Have you ever had to turn around while towing a trailer. Lots of prayer, folks, lots. of. it.

Coolness, aside, here are some shots of us enjoying what was left of the day by the time I arrived.



The kids were keeping a close eye on daddy turning the seed under:



Ashlynn, my new bookworm, and Addie walking down the trail:


We had to have the book (Ramona the Pest) with us at all times:


The boys trailing daddy as he spread clover seed:


The kids sticking on the trail, staying out of the tall grass (mom's orders, no ticks, please!):


Addie and I riding shotgun in the Ranger:


Time to head out....let's see how far we can run before mom calls us back!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Getting a glimpse of your world makes me smile:) How I love "Cherishing the Little Hands!" :)

Jess said...

First off, the Ramona books rock! Second, I am so impressed by your trailer backing up skills. That is NOT an easy task. Elizabeth, trailer warrior....music added here.

Jess said...

Ok Trailer Warrior, when you get a moment, if you could please, try yet again, to leave a comment. I changed it to a pop-up thing...since you're trying to tell me how to run my blog:) Gee Liz, you're so bossy!

TheFitnessFreak said...

How fun : ) There's nothing like fresh turned dirt to brighten your day! Trev must have rubbed off on Ashlynn : )

Stefani Hays said...

That's so funny...Reilly just started reading the Ramona books, too! Bought her Ramona Quimby, Age 8 when we were in San Diego and just ordered a few more, along with the Judy Blume classics, Superfudge and Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing. You should put Ashlynn on a plane to San Diego in June so she and Reilly can hang out while we're there! :-)

Lizzie M. said...

BC-Thanks!

Shiloh-I like the music...

Cole-You I know I wish the boys could have been there!

Stef-That is so cute! Ashlynn would LOOOOVE for me to send her to SD!!!