Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'll give them creative.

My sweet neighbor has lots of ivy that loves my fence. Since I love my neighbor, I trim it back on my side just enough to get the mower through without walking into spider webs (they love the ivy). It's quite a big job and I didn't have enough time to finish trimming the length of the fence, so I left the pile cut of vines to bag when I finished the next day.

Here, let me show you what it looked like:




Then, I cut it:



And put it in a pile to bag the next day:



Now, you would think with four kids, I might think twice before leaving large bunches of cut greenery just lying around. Especially the type that could, um, I don't know, take root and spread easily and aggressively.

But really, who am I to stand in the way of creative minds. Ashlynn does love plants and making things pretty. And then there's Ryder. A boy needs to be able to tie knots and attach things to other things....right?

Homey, isn't it?




Really not sure what this was. He did have his spiderman costume on, so, I have no idea...


Must give props to the detail:



Some sort of weaving going on here. Maybe we're headed for a thatched roof. For that matter, maybe my children were born in the wrong century...



Gage and Addie spent their time dragging vines back and forth across the lawn. Maybe next year I'll be mowing ivy too.

4 comments:

Jen said...

That is awesome! Very creative bunch of kids you've got, Lizzie. :)

BTW - what kind of camera do you have? I love your pics. One of my life goals is to someday take pics like yours - they are beautiful!

Lizzie M. said...

BC-Thanks! I have a digital SLR camera body. I've been learning it's all in the lens. Right now my lens is really best for close-ups, so I am saving up for a wide angle lens. I have so much to learn and hope to take a class this year.

P.S. I also use photoshop!

TheFitnessFreak said...

They sounds like us when we were kids. Do you remember mom would let us take the dining room chairs out on the lawn to build a fort? She even let us do it in the rain. Can you imagine us letting our kids do that?

Lizzie M. said...

Cole-I totally forgot about the chairs outside!

After an entire day of rain and kids inside though, I'm ready to send the my chairs out today.....
:-)