Thursday, September 9, 2010

The girls' room, before & after.

With Grams and Gramps making the big move to San Diego, some items of furniture had to be shifted from mom and dad's. Ofcourse, I was more than happy to partake in any of that shifting as anything of theirs or my parents would be a step up from my hodgepodge collection. Ashlynn and Addie received my mom's bedroom set from when she was a girl. It's a beautiful French Provincial set and Ashlynn had a blast picking out colors.

Here is what it looked like before:





And After:







Obviously, these wild colors are not classic French Provincial creams, but we are talking about an 8 year old, though I will be the first to admit my personal love of color. But maybe one day, when we are older, we'll sand it down and get the creaminess back.

Maybe.

4 comments:

phays said...

I love the blue! I'd love to have a dresser or book case in that!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Nice job! Did you know I still have the dresser I had growing up? Things from long ago last!

Jen said...

How I Iove Ashlynn's room! It's the stuff little girls' dreams are made of:)

Bekah said...

I love it! It looks sooooo much better.